New Horizons Child Development Centre, introduced for the first time in India the concept and practice of self-funded multi-disciplinary, measurable and outcome based rehabilitation where each child gets individual evaluation and intervention in a comprehensive, scientifically planned and documented manner. NHD is one of the largest multi-disciplinary, comprehensive and integrated child development centres in India. Founded in 2003, with currently 5 centres across Mumbai, NHD offers developmental services under one roof through a multi-disciplinary team headed by a Developmental Paediatrician.
NHD provides services to 300 children daily and conducts 73,000 intervention sessions every year with a ratio of one therapist to one child in each intervention session. It has achieved a record of 73,747 intervention sessions in the year 2015 alone.
At NHD, each child gets individual evaluation and intervention in a comprehensive, scientifically planned and documented manner. Each evaluated child gets a STRENGTHS and CHALLENGES report rather than just a diagnosis and an INDIVIDUALISED THERAPY/EDUCATION PROGRAM for 6 months developed under the NEW HORIZONS DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM (NHDP). Each child is re-evaluated after 6 months of intervention to measure development of skills as per the goals and set another IT/EP is developed, if needed.
Under NHDP, every child’s parents, family and the school is counselled every month as part of the Holistic Program to maximize the impact for the child. Thus, each child has a complete end-to-end solution in a measurable outcome based manner for his/ her concerns under one roof, under the direct observation and care of a Developmental Paediatrician.
Following points are the USP of New Horizons Developmental Programs:
- Accountability: Measurable, Outcome Oriented, Time Bound Programs.
- Scientific, Multi-disciplinary Integrated Approach: Easy to Implement 6 Step Model.
- Documentation: OPD to Review Stage and across all the Departments.
- Monitoring: Review and Parental Feedback
- Coordination (Clinical Meetings), Micro Planning.
- Training and Mentoring: Multidisciplinary Professionals and Parents.
NHD propagated the concept that “EVERY CHILD CAN DO BETTER!” with a “FROM LABEL TO ENABLE” approach.
Children with varying developmental, psychological, behavioural and academic concerns such as the following are referred to NHD by doctors and educational institutions all over India and overseas:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Intellectual Disability
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Disability (Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Speech and Language Disorders
- Genetic Syndromes such as Down Syndrome and others
- Neuro-motor Impairment
- Vision and Hearing Impairment
NHD offers its services to schools, corporates and community through:
- School Based Intervention Programs for Counselling and Developmental Therapies customized as per the needs of the schools.
- Teacher Development Programs for educational institution-wide training of teachers on developmental concerns seen in schools and creating school’s capacities on management of developmental concerns to effectively achieve academic and personal goals of students.
- Parenting sessions, Child Enrichment Programs and workshops for educational institutes, corporates, school managements on the topics of child development, emotional development of children, developmental disorders and management.